Because the Russia-Ukraine struggle enters its 109th day, we check out the primary developments.
Listed below are the important thing occasions to date on Saturday, June 11.
Get the newest replace right here.
- In Ukraine’s Mykolaiv area close to the entrance line within the south, the regional governor pressured the pressing want for worldwide army help, saying “we’re out of ammo”.
- Russian troops are making ready a brand new offensive in opposition to the town of Sloviansk, Ukraine’s army mentioned.
- Kyiv remained in command of the Azot chemical plant in Severodonetsk the place lots of of civilians are sheltering, in line with the area’s governor. Russian shelling triggered a serious hearth on the facility after a leak of tonnes of oil.
- The Russian defence ministry mentioned its air pressure shot down three Ukrainian warplanes.
- Russian forces are counting on previous weapons able to inflicting mass civilian casualties as they attempt to seize areas in jap Ukraine.
- Russian fuel producer Gazprom mentioned its provide of fuel to Europe by way of Ukraine by way of the Sudzha entry level was seen at 41.9 million cubic metres (mcm) on Sunday, unchanged from Saturday.
- The Sri Lankan prime minister says he’s open to purchasing Russian oil.
- The primary 15 eating places of former McDonald’s Corp will reopen in Moscow on Sunday underneath new possession and a brand new identify, “Vkusno & tochka”, which suggests “Tasty & that’s it”, the corporate says.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHVrfzPXxGI
- German Chancellor Olaf Scholz will journey to Kyiv together with his counterparts from France and Italy earlier than the Group of Seven summit on the finish of June, German newspaper Bild am Sonntag reported.
- US Protection Secretary Lloyd Austin mentioned Moscow’s invasion of Ukraine “is what occurs when oppressors trample the principles that defend us all”.
- Kyiv is doing all the things doable to avoid wasting three international nationals sentenced to dying by proxy authorities in Donbas for combating for Ukraine, a lawmaker mentioned.
- Russia’s international ministry mentioned Moscow’s response to a buildup of NATO forces in Poland will likely be proportionate.
- Chinese language Defence Minister Wei Fenghe backed peace talks between Moscow and Kyiv however mentioned China opposed the West’s provision of weapons to Ukraine in addition to its sanctions on Russia.
- Ukraine’s First Girl Olena Zelenska has opened a centre for Ukrainian refugees within the Lithuanian capital, Vilnius.